HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralUsing Images, Cards, Carousels, and Buttons In The Microsoft Bot FrameworkUsing Images, Cards, Carousels, and Buttons In The Microsoft Bot Framework
Previous

Next
New Post
10/25/2016 4:51 AM

I am running Bot Framwork version (3.0.0) and Emulator version(3.0.0.59) The error I get is the following:

One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. --->System.Net.HttpRequestException: An error occured while sending the requetst.---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketExeption: No connnection could be made because the target maching actively refused it at 127.0.0.1:3973 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Sytem.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAdress& address, ConnectSocketState stat, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)---End of inner exception stack trace -- at System.NetHttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)---End of inner exception stack trace ----

New Post
10/25/2016 6:05 AM

I think the problem with running my code is that on my machine I have the project set to run on port 3979 not port 3973. Can you point your Microsoft Bot Framework Channel Emulator to port 3979 and see if that works?

As far as your own code not working... how did you add the images to your Visual Studio project?

To fix the issue, click on each image and in the properties, set the "Build Action" to "Content".

Also, if you look at my code, I have a url base value that I set using this code:

this.Url.Request.RequestUri.AbsoluteUri.Replace(@"api/messages", "");

I then look for the image using this code:

string strNumberGuesserCard = String.Format(@"{0}/{1}",strBaseURL,"Images/NumberGuesserCard.png");

So if your images are not in a directory called "Images" they will not be found.

New Post
10/25/2016 11:15 AM

Everything seems to be the same. Like I said when I send a "contact relation update" it will still send the carousel  with the two hero cards. When the code is updated and a text value is passed to initiate the game is the point where it stops working. Is there a specific setting the emulator should be set to maybe?

New Post
10/25/2016 11:39 AM

Darn, I'm at a loss. Do any of the other samples work for you? For example: the code for "Implementing A SQL Server Database With The Microsoft Bot Framework" has the same images.

I have deployed this code in production:

https://join.skype.com/bot/d6a7af21-b...cf-868d0fdbb1ba

so I am confident it works.

New Post
10/26/2016 3:17 AM

Elated! After updating my Microsoft.Identity.Model.Protocol.Exstention package it's now working as described. Thanks for all your help. Now, on to implementing this with a database ;)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralUsing Images, Cards, Carousels, and Buttons In The Microsoft Bot FrameworkUsing Images, Cards, Carousels, and Buttons In The Microsoft Bot Framework